Monday, September 10, 2007





Living up to to the last name.

So this weekend I did my first 2 races for Union College. Short track was on the saturday on a tiny course that was like 55 second laps. So they did 2 heats and then a finals. So I decided to take it easy in the heat and just ride smart but ended up zack attacking and taking the win. In the finals I rode the first lap in 2nd then did went for pass on the 2nd lap and never looked back. The race was crazy short like 9 minutes of racing so allmost impossible to open a real gap but I managed to lap a few guys before the decent and get my gap there. So the next day was the xc. Saturday was awesome though we ended up going out for dinner and a few of us hit up the chucky cheese arcade it also rained all night. We also got asked for id at the door. So the xc course any ways was like part cyclo-cross course through a field then into the single track which was allmost identical to the hardwoods in bethany with an identical type of soil so I was loving it. For those of you who don't know that like my home course and I have a 100's of laps there. The course was also 3 miles long which meant we did 8 laps. There where also prymes (spelling) on the 1st and 4th laps. So I had ok start like 5th going into the single track so all 4 guys in front of me crashed on a log and I just did a cyclo-cross dismount and ran a around. After this I never looked backed and just took off. It was a very tight twisty single track and the entire course was flat so opening up a huge gap was hard. But I was putting like 10-15 seconds a lap into 2nd and 3rd. Only downside was they did not give out medals which I was hoping to wear around school this week. I'm really stoked for the next couple of races which will have climbs because I know for once that will actually work to my advantage.